Saturday, December 13, 2008

My thoughts on thrush

1. It is evil
2. I don't like it
3. It is evil, oh wait, did I say that already? Yes I suppose I did.

Fun things about thrush?
1. It gets worse before it gets better for some people (I am one of those people).
2. You can have NO signs of it then all of a sudden it feels like your breast is on fire while you feed your kiddo.
3. You can have no signs of it at ALL except lots of clogged ducts.
4. You have to treat you AND the baby at the same time until all signs of it are gone completely. See #2 and #3.
5. Getting rid of it can be VERY hard if you have a baby that puts *Everything* in their mouths.
6. One of the treatments for it require turning everything purple. Nothing is better than being in Walmart and someone thinking you fed your 4 month old a grape lollipop.
7. As it starts to die off you can get some pretty fun side effects if it has invaded the whole body including but not limited to stomach upset and headache.
8. You can't stop treatment until all symptoms are gone for TWO WEEKS, again see #2 and #3.

This concludes my current thoughts on thrush.

No comments: