Monday, December 15, 2008

Books are on the way!

I like to buy books. I really do. I am not a library person, though I know its cheaper, its just not my thing. I like to not worry about what happens to my books and with library books + toddler + infant I would worry, a lot.

I had been wanting a copy of the Bible to read as I have never actually read it and figured it might be interesting. Plus it can be hard to have religious debates if I have no idea what the book actually says. So I ordered the King James version as I wanted the one closest to the original translation rather than another one that translates it how they think it should be and takes out all the fun of interpreting it. If I could read hebrew or greek I would have gotten that version but alas, I know french and english, and thats it.

I figured while I was at it I might as well get Amazons "free super saver shipping" so I ordered a few more.

Eat, Pray, Love (for my moms night out group book club)

Twilight ( the new trendy Vampire book)

The Husband (Dean Koontz, one of the first adult horror writers I ever read)

Before You Know Kindness (by a local author that has written a lot of wonderful books that I love)

Right now I am reading The Long Walk by Stephen King (as Richard Bachman) and it is very good. I am very curious as to how it ends and read about 20-30 pages every night before bed. I have always read horror books right before bed, they are very good at taking my mind completely off things that might have happened during the day and leaving it clear so I can sleep at night. Seems very strange to some people that I can read such things and then sleep but they are really the only kind of book that fully takes my attension off the day or whatever I might have been thinking about and refocuses it so I can sleep.

What are YOU reading?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Everyone in my book group loved Eat Pray Love - it's a great book! I also have that King James bible you ordered, and have been trying to get better about reading it. Before You Know Kindness is also a really good one.

Have you read any Jodi Picoult books? She's my favorite author. If you haven't read anything of hers, I'll bring one of her books with me the next time we get together.

Right now I'm reading Skeletons at the Feast, also by Chris Bohjalian :)