Monday, December 22, 2008

Did you notice? (and other randomness)

Yea, probably not. I did though. Today was 4 seconds longer than yesterday, a whole 4 seconds more of sunlight today than yesterday.

My little girl can scoot now. 7 months old already and I can't believe it. I was thinking about her pregnancy and birth today and it was just perfect. I am still in awe that I got to have such a wonderful waterbirth and that I got to let my baby girl decide when her birthday was.

I feel sort of like I short changed my little man though. I had no idea what I had "signed up" for when I was pregnant with him. No one warned me of the heartburn and the aches and the lack of sleep and all that with his pregnancy and I wasn't even slightly prepared for them. With Ivy I knew what to expect and how to deal with it so it was generally much easier. I also didn't know a lot of things with him that I did with her.

I sort of feel like maybe I sabotaged our chance to bond or something. He is a very independent child, always has been, from the day he came home he would rather be on the floor alone playing rather than playing with me. Even now at 2.5 he will go upstairs by himself to play alone.

When he does finally cuddle or sit and read with me it is wonderful and he is so sweet and lovey. Maybe he is just like his Dada, I am not sure.

Tomorrow is Ivy's 6 month (7 months) doctors appointment. I will get to see how much she weighs which will be fun. Poor babe has to get her second batch of shots though. Even though I am selectively vaxing her, she still has to get 3 separate shots because the vaccine I really wanted isn't available locally. She gets the Hib, Prevnar, and DTaP. I am hoping that she does as well with this round as the last round because it is so close to Christmas and a sad baby with a fever etc is not how I want to mark her first Christmas or our first Christmas as a family of 4.

I am also hoping tomorrow is sunny. If it is the kids and I will be playing in Aaron's room all day because it is the room that gets the most sun. I can handle the cold and I can handle the snow that winter brings, the sheer lack of sun is what gets to me.

No comments: