Monday, February 9, 2009

Plague hits again!

Yep, that's right! The plague (cold) has hit our house again. I have decided that I can't handle us being sick anymore so I went to the store today after Pete got home to pick up a few things.

I got tea, it is supposed to have high antioxidants and it is supposed to help make my T cells wanna fight. I figure it will be a good way to start the AM instead of my coffee...I get my caffeine and say hey T-cells, up and at'em.

I got Ester-C. Nothing like massive doses of vitamin C to make your body learn to fight back. I wanted zinc too but I forgot to check its safety on Kellymom before I went. Given that I am nursing I can't just toss whatever I want to into my body, I need to read about it first and make sure it won't hurt the baby.

I also got lysol and clorox hard surface anywhere spray...it says it's safe to use around pets and kids. I plan on bathing my house in those tomorrow...hopefully it kills all the evil germs that seem to be lingering in my house.

I happened across the candy aisle...as I have a tendency to do and ended up with sour gummy worms too...you know, they are medicinal of course. They are also the only thing I can actually taste.

Tonight was also an interesting change for me. I was looking through the TV listings and noticed that my show I wanted to watch was pushed back an hour for the Presidential Address. I thought to myself "Oh great, stupid Bush." Then, I realized...waiiiit a minute, it's not him anymore! So I am sitting here half listening seeing what he has to say. He looks a little angry if you ask me...maybe he needs to be angry to fix the economy...lord knows the man before him wasn't.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I hope you are all feeling better soon!