Monday, February 2, 2009

A little sad

So to start with I want to warn people this is a little upsetting so if you are sensitive to baby issues and death I wouldn't read much further...I will put a line of stars across the bottom of the bad stuff so you can skip to that line if you prefer.

I got news last week that someone in the town I grew up in was at the hospital because she couldn't breathe however she was 6 months pregnant. I didn't really know her anymore than knowing who she was in town (and in a town with only 1,200 people its hard not to at least know who most people are). However I got word that the doctors had decided to deliver her baby at only 6 months of gestation to save the moms life. Unfortunately the baby didn't live very long as a result of complications of a severely premature delivery.

This saddens me more than I can really explain. No, I didn't really know the mom very well but the loss of a baby so close to home is still very upsetting to me. It makes me feel very lucky to have two wonderful little kids that while a bit crazy are happy and healthy little ones.

**************** ***************************** ************************ ***************

On other news we are still using the potty here! He does well enough now that I don't need to remind him to use the potty anymore, he tells me when its time and he can get his own underpants/ pants off and back up when he is done. This is very helpful as now if he has to pee while I am nursing Ivy I don't need to either stop feeding her or risk him peeing all over the place.

I am also about thisclose to hiding a certain book that he *loves*. I am not joking when I say that *I* have read this book to him upwards of 20 times a day and when I am not reading it to him, he is reading it because he now has it memorized completely. Its a perfectly good book and he enjoys it but there are only so many times I can hear/ say "Somethings dripping. What is it? The FAUCET is dripping."

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That is so sad...I can't even imagine...

On another note, though - great news for you!! That's awesome he's using the potty so much!