Sunday, February 22, 2009

Growing up

Both my kiddos are anyway.

It makes me both sad and excited all at once, coupled with a huge helping of PROUD.

Ivy is all over everything now. She does a real crawl and can pull up on anything. She also climbs the stairs so the better part of my day is spent dragging her from them...in theory I could gate them off but then Aaron can't get upstairs like he enjoys doing sometimes. Once in awhile he likes having chill time to himself up in his room. She says "cat cat", "Dada", and "brother" now and is *finally* starting to drink out of a sippy cup a bit!

Aaron is using real sentences now. The little boy that I *swore* would never talk like 6 months ago never, ever, ever stops talking now! He knows his letters, shapes, numbers, colors, animals, etc. He has also figured out how to memorize his favorite books so he "reads" them to me.

He is totally potty trained now too. That was made obvious today when he went on the potty (not just pee!) all on his own without freaking out about it or anything. He has been dry for over a full month now, how crazy is that? It feels like maybe 2 or 3 days ago that we started using the potty...now its an everyday, no big deal sorta thing! He can even hold it for trips. We were about 5 or 6 miles from home the other day and he says "Go pee". And I think, uh oh...I tell him we will be home soon and to try and wait just a little bit...we get home, I let him out of the carseat and tell him to go inside, take his shoes off and he can go pee while I get baby girl out of the car....not a problem at all! He went right inside and was taking his shoes off when I got Ivy inside and he went right to his potty! I am rather impressed with his bladder control actually...

I can't believe in just a few short months she will be a full year old and he will be THREE. Where on *Earth* did THREE YEARS go?

No comments: