Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just a little rant

So I love the park. I love going to the park with the kids. The kids love the park. What I dislike?

When I spend time getting my almost 3 year old to realize that throwing rocks is *not* okay only to then have another family come in about 10 minutes later and watch their 5/6 year old throw rocks up the slide. *sigh*

Of course the 3 year old doesn't quite "get" that just because the older kid is doing it doesn't mean he is magically allowed to do it too.

Yet more irritating is that this childs mother was watching and new what was going on, and was totally ignoring it, because you know, in a playground with several 3 year olds and a 1 year old (plus her own kids) throwing rocks up a slide is a totally acceptable activity (rolls eyes).

I am sure it is only the first of many things I will see this summer and while I would NEVER claim to be a super spectacular parent I really do wish people wouldn't let their kids teach my kids horrible habits.

No comments: